Are you interested in going solar? The sun is the most renewable power source available to us, with tremendous amounts of energy flooding the earth every day. You can harness this energy with solar panels to power your home for free! As you prepare to go solar, follow these five steps to ensure a successful installation.
- Determine the suitability of your roof to support solar panels. The roof is the most common place to install solar panels. The size, sun exposure, and condition of your roof determine its suitability. You may need to make repairs or trim back foliage to get your roof ready for solar panels.
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency. The number of solar panels needed to power your home depends on your current energy usage. Reduce your electricity consumption and convert gas-powered appliances to electric before you go solar.
- Investigate neighborhood covenants. If you belong to an HOA, you may need to submit your installation plans in advance. It would be a shame to install solar panels only to find out you’ve broken the rules. Investigate any solar panel restrictions before you become too invested in the project.
- Learn about solar-friendly programs. You could be eligible for net metering or a buyback program that pays you for the surplus electricity your solar panels generate. Look into this as you prepare for a solar installation.
- Find a reputable solar installer. It can be difficult to navigate the solar market when many for-profit companies only want to close the deal and move on to the next customer. BlueRoof Foundation can help you find the right solar installer to meet your needs.
For more information about our services, please contact the Dallas solar panel experts for a free, no-obligation consultation.